Saturday, September 18, 2010

i am just happy

prepared for a collective shriek of horror,
my friends and the critical typified the
sometimes-schizophrenic reaction, they asked
"what prompted someone of my standing to
degrade himself this way"

blogs blasted me as a sellout and fraud,
darkly chided me, "I hope you find what you're looking for,
one called me "a glitter-dipped, shellacked turd"
another said it "promulgates a massive deception
that out-deceives all others"

the world, for the most part, despised the blog,
describing it as, among other things, a disaster for poetry,
assuming their moment in-the sun meant they were looking for something too, the blog world has a love-hate relationship with visibility, entertainment, and anything populist, it claims to be open but relentlessly polices its borders for anything as alien as this blog was bound to be

i am just happy they’re paying attention

No comments: